From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: First Portage Hick-up, Chokes on Java
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 16:48:49
1 boslists@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, b.n. wrote:
3 >
4 >> boslists@×××××.com ha scritto:
5 >>> Thanks for the additional info. Good to know!
6 >>>
7 >>
8 >> I think this little misunderstanding could be solved, in the future,
9 >> by clarifying it (perhaps in a footnote) in the gentoo docs. To me
10 >> the instructions for java etc. have always been clear, but it doesn't
11 >> mean it is always the case.
12 >
13 > Well, my thinking was Sun does not equal Gentoo therefore Sun is a 3rd
14 > party. Being less than a week on the Gentoo scene, and having no
15 > experience as a developer, coder, administrator or any other computer
16 > profession, I am still in the foothills of the learning curve
17 > regarding Gentoo specific jargon like Ebuilds.
18 >
19 > I appreciate the patience.
22 The rest of us appreciated it when we first started too. I think it is
23 one of those things that depending on how you view it, it can be taken
24 more than one way. I know sometimes what emerge spits out just plan
25 don't make sense to me but it does after someone explains it to me a
26 little. Sometimes a LOT.
27
28 Hang in there. It gets better.
29