From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] full shutdown
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:33:06
1 OK, i'll check this out tonight (if i have enough time, and if i can remember!)
2
3 Thanks!
4
5 On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Mike Kazantsev
6 <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net> wrote:
7 > On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:24:39 -0400
8 > Simon <turner25@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >
10 >>   I'm recompiling the kernel almost as often as I breathe and i wonder
11 >> if I'm not missing some steps (during or after)...  I have acpi
12 >> installed and init.d/acpi is started.  acpi support was compiled in
13 >> kernel and i tried with and without the CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS with no
14 >> difference.  I'm using kernel 2.6.24 (for several drivers that are
15 >> most compatible with this one).  I have almost the same install on 2
16 >> different PCs (with obvious tweakings in kernel options and /etc) and
17 >> the most recent one shuts down correctly, the older one does the same
18 >> thing as my eeepc...
19 >
20 > Make sure you have these:
21 >
22 > PM and ACPI -->
23 >  [X] PM support
24 >  [X] ACPI support -->
25 >    [X] Button
26 >
27 > Even VMs won't cut the (virtual) power w/o these options.
28 >
29 > --
30 > Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net
36 When Earth was the only inhabited planet in the Galaxy, it was a
37 primitive place, militarily speaking. The only weapon they had ever
38 invented worth mentioning was a crude and inefficient nuclear-reaction
39 bomb for which they had not even developed the logical defense. -
40 Asimov