From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] default USE flag
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:03:45
1 On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:07:05 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Since I first started using Gentoo I've had -* in my make.conf USE
4 > flag specification so I only build support for the stuff I want.
5 > Sometimes I can't figure out if I need a certain USE flag or not. In
6 > this case it would be useful to know whether Portage sets the flag by
7 > default or not. Is there any way to figure this out without removing
8 > -* from make.conf and re-running the -a or -p emerge command?
9
10 mv /etc/make.conf /etc/make.conf.ignore ; emerge --info; mv /etc/make.conf.ignore /etc/make.conf
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "getting performance from an Amiga is like getting water from a sponge,
17 getting performance from Windows is like getting blood from a stone -
18 after banging my head against the stone several times I got some blood"
19 Author of Lightwave 3D