From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 00:55:19
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007 23:37, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I suspect something changed with the grouping and I just didn't know
4 > it. It was likely one of those messages in a compile that went by and I
5 > didn't see it. It may be for the better, mor secure or something, but I
6 > just missed it.
7 >
8 > Now that you mention it, I think I have to be a member of that group to
9 > be able to fax too. May give that a try. May fix two things.
10 >
11 > Thanks for the info.
12
13 Hmm, this is what I am getting on a x86 build.
14
15 # ls -al /dev/ttyS*
16 crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 64 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS0
17 crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 65 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS1
18 crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 66 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS2
19 crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 67 Mar 3 22:09 /dev/ttyS3
20
21 BTW, I am a member of the uucp group, but can't remember if I ever added
22 myself to it manually:
23
24 uucp:x:14:uucp,michael
27 Regards,