From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:45:21
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 04:08:59PM -0600, Dale wrote
5 >> Here is my question. What are the permissions supposed to be?
6 >> I have it set to root:users right now. It was set to root:uucp
7 >> which was not working.
10 > Did you try making your user a member of the "uucp" and "dip" groups?
14 Well, to be honest, I'm not even sure what uucp group is, dip either. I
15 never heard of that one. I get the tty one though. It's the terminal. LOL
16
17 I suspect something changed with the grouping and I just didn't know
18 it. It was likely one of those messages in a compile that went by and I
19 didn't see it. It may be for the better, mor secure or something, but I
20 just missed it.
21
22 Now that you mention it, I think I have to be a member of that group to
23 be able to fax too. May give that a try. May fix two things.
24
25 Thanks for the info.
26
27 Dale