From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: seamonkey bookmarks file location
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:17:34
1 On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:30:47 +0200
2 Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 05:28:12PM -0500, Penguin Lover »Q« squawked:
5 > > That's true. There used to be a places.sqlite-journal file as well,
6 > > which should be deleted from the profile a places.sqlite file is
7 > > being copied to, but I don't see it any more in either Firefox or
8 > > SeaMonkey.
11 > While I don't know if this is *supposed* to be the right way, what
12 > I've done recently when I installed a new computer was just to copy
13 > the latest entry in
14 >
15 > ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/bookmarkbackups/
16 >
17 > to the corresponding location in the new computer, and on the new
18 > install use bookmark manager to restore to a previous back up.
19
20 That's pretty much the way Mozilla recommends doing it. :-)
21
22 <https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Backing-up-restoring-bookmarks#w_moving-bookmarks-to-another-computer>
23
24 (Link is for Firefox, but that part of it is the same as SeaMonkey.)