From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:46:18
1 On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:16, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz> wrote:
4 >>>> There is actually a huge amount of information available, giving a high
5 >>>> level of pseudo-uniqueness. There was a web site that showed you how
6 >>>> much it could glean from even an anonymous session, but I can't remember
7 >>>> where is was. Somewhere like the EFF.
8 >>>
9 >>> I guess you mean https://panopticlick.eff.org/
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> My results from work:
13 >>
14 >> Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 1,939,102 tested so far.
15 >>
16 >> Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
17 >> conveys at least 20.89 bits of identifying information.
21 > Funny, I get exactly the same thing except add one to the large number.
22 >  I guess you tested before I did.  How does one avoid this but still
23 > have sites work?
26 Use Stallman's way [1]
27
28 Seriously, I am not concerned with Google's policy change, it affects
29 absolutely nothing on my online life. I keep using their services
30 cause I find them the best to use, I would change otherwise. Its the
31 same reason I run Windows on my HTPC, and Linux at work and my
32 netbook, efficiency.
33
34 If you worry too much, you end up insane.
35
36 [1] http://stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
37 --
38 Daniel da Veiga