From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:18:26
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz> wrote:
3 >>> There is actually a huge amount of information available, giving a high
4 >>> level of pseudo-uniqueness. There was a web site that showed you how
5 >>> much it could glean from even an anonymous session, but I can't remember
6 >>> where is was. Somewhere like the EFF.
7 >>
8 >> I guess you mean https://panopticlick.eff.org/
11 > My results from work:
12 >
13 > Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 1,939,102 tested so far.
14 >
15 > Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
16 > conveys at least 20.89 bits of identifying information.
20 Funny, I get exactly the same thing except add one to the large number.
21 I guess you tested before I did. How does one avoid this but still
22 have sites work?
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
30 how you interpreted my words!
31
32 Miss the compile output? Hint:
33 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"