From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Mysterious dev-lang/php 'n' junk 'n' stuff....
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:24:38
1 > Well, this is what I would like to do. ( I thought this would be
2 > obvious.) But I can't continue with the `emerge world`
3 > unless I'm able to resolve the blocks. The command/process
4 > dies almost immediately complaining about the blocked packages.
5
6 I had the same problem and was quite annoyed for several weeks.
7
8 I started ripping out PEAR packages and then I noticed in a -tree view that
9 I had "horde" installed. I unmerged that and then all the PEAR packages
10 didn't need to be unmerged anymore.
11
12 So, I guess my suggestion is to look in the emerge world list and see if
13 there is anything in there that uses PHP. If so, try to unmerge that package
14 first, then you can re-emerge it when you get PHP 5 installed.
15
16 Kinda lame if you ask me.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list