From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Silicon Image 3112 Raid Controller on Kernel 2.6.22 and 2.6.23 not working.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:51:54
1 David Relson schrieb:
5 > Hello Norman,
6 >
7 > I, too, have one of their controllers (identified by lspci as "RAID bus
8 > controller: Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0680 Ultra ATA-133 Host Controller
9 > (rev 02)". It works ... kind of ...
10 >
11 > I bought it because my new AMD64 mobo has 1 ATA connector and I have 2
12 > ATA hard drives and a SONY DVD RW DRU-510A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive.
13 > When I tried to boot a LiveCD from the SONY, the kernel was read then
14 > reported "can't find cdrom device". Not good!
15 >
16 > To upgrade to 64-bit gentoo, I had to recable my box so that my primary
17 > HD and the SONY were attached to the mobo.
18 >
19 > My rating of the SII card? "OK -- sort of".
20 >
21 > Regards,
22 >
23 > David
26 Hello,
27
28 problem is, that my mobo has no other SATA Ports. Standard-ATA ports of
29 the Motherboard is PATA.
30 And i sort of can not blame the controller because the 2.6.20 kernel
31 works perfectly. (As this post proofs :-)).
34 Regards,
35 Norman
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list