From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Horrible English
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:38:05
1 On 2017-05-10, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 09 May 2017 14:29:16 Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >
4 >> It's a feature, not a bug. <G> There's a news item being worked on in
5 >> the Gentoo dev list. I'd normally just link to a mail archive, but it's
6 >> too new to have been archived yet. Here's a copy of the proposed news
7 >> item.
8 >
9 > (Quoting order changed.)
10 >
11 > Sorry, Walter, but I just couldn't let this go. Reading it hurt too much.
12 >
13 > English grammar has very few hard-and-fast rules,
14
15 Usenet has few hard-and-fast rules, but one is absolutely sacrosanct:
16 you don't jump all over somebody for minor English grammar mistakes
17 when English is their second language.
18
19 > (By way of explanation, 35 years ago I was made the documentation
20 > manager of a 200-man-year software project.
21 >
22 > Ever since then I've been unable to read anything at all without the
23 > eye of an editor - it's ruined my enjoyment of everything I
24 > read. There's no hope any longer.)
25
26 And that's your excuse for being rude and bitching out somebody for
27 minor grammar mistakes in work they're doing for you for free?
28
29 You owe Hr. Maier, and Gentoo devs in general, an apology.
32 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I wish I was on a
33 at Cincinnati street corner
34 gmail.com holding a clean dog!