From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:25:13
1 James Ausmus wrote:
4 > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Paul Hartman wrote:
8 > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com
9 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
10 > >
11 > >> It does appear to be loading nvidia but I don't see the splash
12 > screen.
13 > >> I also notice that it takes longer to log out for some reason.
14 > It logs
15 > >> in like always, about 10 seconds or so, but when I log out, it
16 > takes 45
17 > >> seconds or so. Maybe the splash screen is off by default. I dunno.
18 > >>
19 > >
20 > > According to the README from the latest version of
21 > nvidia-drivers, the
22 > > splash screen is only shown if you are using 24-bit color depth. I
23 > > believe it also shows only once, the first time after the module is
24 > > loaded, and does not reappear unless you unload and re-load the
25 > > module.
30 > Cool. Now to get my mouse wheel working again. < Dale scratches
31 > his head >
35 > Did you try the xinput commands from my previous e-mail? I believe
36 > that they will work for all input devices, not just evdev devices.
37 >
38 > -James
43 > Dale
44 >
48 I don't have it installed at the moment. I'll have to download that
49 later.
50
51 Dale
52