From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:10:06
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> It does appear to be loading nvidia but I don't see the splash screen.
7 > >> I also notice that it takes longer to log out for some reason. It logs
8 > >> in like always, about 10 seconds or so, but when I log out, it takes 45
9 > >> seconds or so. Maybe the splash screen is off by default. I dunno.
10 > >>
11 > >
12 > > According to the README from the latest version of nvidia-drivers, the
13 > > splash screen is only shown if you are using 24-bit color depth. I
14 > > believe it also shows only once, the first time after the module is
15 > > loaded, and does not reappear unless you unload and re-load the
16 > > module.
21 > Cool. Now to get my mouse wheel working again. < Dale scratches his head
26 Did you try the xinput commands from my previous e-mail? I believe that they
27 will work for all input devices, not just evdev devices.
28
29 -James
34 > Dale
35 >