From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm, XTerm disappear everytime I invoke them in KDE
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:08:36
1 On 2005-07-25 01:48:32 -0700 (Mon, Jul), Hareesh Nagarajan wrote:
2 > Hi All:
3 >
4 > Everytime I invoke a new instance of ETerm or XTerm, they appear on
5 > the screen momentarily and then disappear. A ps -ef | grep $TERM shows
6 > nothing, which proves that these processes died almost as soon as they
7 > were spawned.
8
9 I don't thing that the variable TERM holds the proper terminal-program
10 name. It's your current terminal type.
11
12 pgrep -l term
13 or
14 ps -ef | grep term
15 seems better.
16
17 > When I invoke Konsole, the window appears but the prompt never makes
18 > it to the screen.
19
20 check the file ~/.xsession-errors - all stdout and stderr could go
21 there.
22
23 > I have no idea why I am facing this problem, because in the last boot it worked.
24 >
25 > Any hints?
26
27 did you do some upgrade recently?
28
29 run revdep-rebuild ?
30
31 run: eterm (or whatever) > some_log_file 2>&1
32
33 maybe some problem with fonts ?
34
35 bash initialization problem?
36
37 HTH
40 No virus found in this outgoing message.
41 Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
42 Trust me.