From: Hareesh Nagarajan <hareesh.nagarajan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm, XTerm disappear everytime I invoke them in KDE
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:09:00
1 Hey Mariusz,
2
3 Thanks for the tip.
4
5 Hareesh
6
7 On 7/25/05, Mariusz Pêkala <skoot@××.pl> wrote:
8 > On 2005-07-25 01:48:32 -0700 (Mon, Jul), Hareesh Nagarajan wrote:
9 > > Hi All:
10 > >
11 > > Everytime I invoke a new instance of ETerm or XTerm, they appear on
12 > > the screen momentarily and then disappear. A ps -ef | grep $TERM shows
13 > > nothing, which proves that these processes died almost as soon as they
14 > > were spawned.
15 >
16 > I don't thing that the variable TERM holds the proper terminal-program
17 > name. It's your current terminal type.
18 >
19 > pgrep -l term
20 > or
21 > ps -ef | grep term
22 > seems better.
23 >
24 > > When I invoke Konsole, the window appears but the prompt never makes
25 > > it to the screen.
26 >
27 > check the file ~/.xsession-errors - all stdout and stderr could go
28 > there.
29 >
30 > > I have no idea why I am facing this problem, because in the last boot it worked.
31 > >
32 > > Any hints?
33 >
34 > did you do some upgrade recently?
35 >
36 > run revdep-rebuild ?
37 >
38 > run: eterm (or whatever) > some_log_file 2>&1
39 >
40 > maybe some problem with fonts ?
41 >
42 > bash initialization problem?
43 >
44 > HTH
45 >
46 > --
47 > No virus found in this outgoing message.
48 > Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
49 > Trust me.
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list