From: "Christoph Böhmwalder" <christoph@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: djqfrey@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird build failure
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 20:37:29
1 Hey, you fixed it (sort of)!
2
3 I tried your suggestions but diverted a little bit. Basically here's what happened:
4
5 * depclean did nothing (except remove a few Thunderbird dependencies I actually needed, whoops)
6 * `revdep-rebuild` also found nothing
7 * `ldd` gave /lib/libz.so.1.2.11
8 * I noticed that /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.7 existed as well and proceeded to delete it
9 * Re-emerged both libz and libpng, Thunderbird build still failed
10 * Decided "let's delete /lib/libz.so.1.2.11 as well" (bad idea I know, I just barely recovered from that)
11 * After replacing libz from the stage3 tarball, re-emerged libz
12
13 Aaaand then it just worked, I must admit I'm not entirely sure why ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14
15 Anyways, thanks for taking the time to support me here!
18 Regards,
19 Christoph