From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird build failure
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:58:11
1 On 09/23/2017 10:55 PM, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks for the suggestion Stephano. I tried re-emerging libpng and
4 > running a clean Thunderbirs build overnight, however it still fails with
5 > the same message.
6 >
7 > --
8 >
9 > Regards,
10 > Christoph
11
12 I had a similar problem but it was a while ago (a couple years.) I seem
13 to recall that one of the packages didn't clean up properly after an
14 unmerge/depclean and left behind some remnants that nothing owned.
15
16 My memory is pretty hazy, but I remember having to see what libpng
17 needed (using ldd) and making sure there were no erroneous libraries around.
18
19 Have you done a --depclean recently? Have you tried `revdep-rebuild`? It
20 may fix the problem first.
21
22 Otherwise, try issuing `ldd /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16`. Then see what
23 versions are installed by `equery list media-libs/libpng sys-libs/zlib`.
24
25 Then manually check the libs directory (use the ldd output, it will show
26 paths) to make sure there's no old libraries hanging around:
27
28 `ls /lib64/libz*`
29
30 You can see if it's owned by a package by using `equery belongs
31 /lib/libz.so`.
32
33 I think what happened in my case is an old library was there that didn't
34 belong to any package and that's what the linker used (and failed.)
35
36 Dan