From: david <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 64-bit blues: ndiswrapper
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:46:55
1 Grant wrote:
2 > The built-in Atheros AR5006EG wireless adapter in my Acer Aspire 4720Z
3 > laptop doesn't work with madwifi-ng yet. ndiswrapper is reported to
4 > work on ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net but there is no 64-bit driver
5 > listed. I've found a 64-bit Vista driver but ndiswrapper doesn't work
6 > with Vista drivers. Is there any way to use a 32-bit driver with
7 > ndiswrapper on a 64-bit system?
8 >
9 > If this wireless card is impossible to use on a 64-bit Linux system I
10 > guess I'll buy a PCI Express or USB card. Any form factor,
11 > manufacturer, or chipset recommendations?
12 >
13 > - Grant
14 >
15 > P.S. 64-bits just aren't worth it on the desktop.
16 >
17 I have used the windows 64 from here;
18 http://www.atheros.cz/
21 Powered by GNU/Linux
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list