From: Andre Lucas Falco <alfalco@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge --depclean" wants to unmerge app-editors/nano (part of system)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:13:14
1 Do you have another editor installed? If yes, portage tell you a remotion of
2 virtual/editor.
3
4 Unless you won't take to remove nano, it's possible to put him in @world
5 with this command: emerge --noreplace app-editors/nano.
6
7 Andre Lucas
8
9 2011/7/4 Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
10
11 > Hi,
12 > I have this strange problem for a few days: after normal
13 > updates (I think glib has been updated) I tried to run
14 > "emerge --depclean" (as recommended) but got these messages:
15 >
16 > ------------------------------**-
17 > obelix ~ # emerge --depclean
18 > <cut>
19 > Calculating dependencies... done!
20 > >>> Calculating removal order...
21 >
22 > !!! 'app-editors/nano' (virtual/editor) is part of your system profile.
23 > !!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.
24 >
25 > >>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
26 > >>> (Control-C to abort)...
27 > Press Ctrl-C to Stop in: 10 9 8 7
28 >
29 > Exiting on signal 2
30 > obelix ~ #
31 > ------------------------------**-
32 >
33 > So why does "emerge --depclean" want to unmerge app-editors/nano
34 > when it is part of system profile? I waited for a few days,
35 > resynced portage tree a few times, but problem still persists...
36 >
37 > Jarry
38 >
39 > --
41 > This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
42 > Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.