From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Arduino development on GENTOO Linux
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 05:37:00
1 Hi,
2
3 WARNING! I AM __VERY__ NEW TO ARDUINO! :)
4
5 For a little project I need to program an Arduino board.
6 Since all needed lib/scatched/script - or whatever it
7 is called in case of the Arduino - are already implemented
8 by someone else I will not reinvent the wheel a second time :)
9
10 Therefore I need the Arduino IDE.
11
12 Here http://playground.arduino.cc/Linux/Gentoo I found
13 some instructions, how to install it on GENTOO (I am on
14 a 64 bit AMD machine...)
15
16 But I found this:
17 | 64-bit users:
18 | librxtx is reported to cause some problems on gentoo linux because of an overflow,
19 | causing the IDE to fail. This problem is noted at rxtx here. Please go here for fixed binaries.
20
21 Above, "here" is a link ... which cannot be resolved.
22
23 Furthermore:
24 | Installing the Basics:
25 | First you need to log in as the superuser and install some necessary packages:
26 | emerge -avq sun-jre-bin crossdev
27
28 but
29 eix sun-jre-bin
30 says "not found".
31
32 So I /think/ this page is a little outdated...?
33
34 An
35
36 eix arduino
37
38 gives two matches:
39
40 * dev-embedded/arduino
41 Available versions: 1.0.5-r1^bs {doc examples ELIBC="FreeBSD"}
42 Homepage: http://arduino.cc/ https://arduino.googlecode.com/
45 * dev-ros/rosserial_arduino
46 Available versions: ~0.7.1 **9999 {test PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" ROS_MESSAGES="+cxx eus lisp +python"}
47 Homepage: http://wiki.ros.org/rosserial_arduino
51 If the first one is the IDE it is outdated.
52 The current version is 1.6.8.
53
54 The second match seems not to be relevant in my case.
55
56 Question:
57 What software do I need for programming an Arduino board "the arduino
58 way to do it" -- preverable installing it "the GENTOO way to do it"
59 (read: I like sources and compilations, I dont like bin blobs from
60 unknown sources that much...)
61
62 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
63 Have a nice weekend! :)
64 Best regards,
65 Meino