From: Ming-Che Lee <Ming-Che.Lee@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Arduino development on GENTOO Linux
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:50:04
1 Hi Meino
2
3 Am 30.04.2016 um 07:36 schrieb Meino.Cramer@×××.de:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > WARNING! I AM __VERY__ NEW TO ARDUINO! :)
7 >
8 > For a little project I need to program an Arduino board.
9 > Since all needed lib/scatched/script - or whatever it
10 > is called in case of the Arduino - are already implemented
11 > by someone else I will not reinvent the wheel a second time :)
12 >
13 > Therefore I need the Arduino IDE.
16 I am also new to Arduino, so here is what I did last week to install the
17 latest Arduino IDE 1.6.8.
18
19 I started with installing Arduino IDE 1.0.5 from GENTOO:
20
21 $ emerge arduino
22
23 It pulled in all needed dependent packages for the IDE. Look carefully
24 at the information displayed at the end of the emerge. You have to run
25
26 $ crossdev -s4 avr
27
28 to have the Tool-Chain for Arduino compiled.
29
30 Unfortunately I could not use IDE 1.0.5 because it didn't show some
31 highlighted commands in the IDE correctly. So I downloaded IDE 1.6.8 and
32 unzipped it in /opt. Next step was to run the installer
33
34 $ /opt/arduino-1.6.8/install.sh
35
36 To start IDE 1.6.8: /opt/arduino-1.6.8/arduino or via menu item.
37
38 Hope this helps.
39
40 Beste regards,