From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Arduino development on GENTOO Linux
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 10:13:48
1 Ming-Che Lee <Ming-Che.Lee@×××.net> [16-04-30 12:04]:
2 > Hi Meino
3 >
4 > Am 30.04.2016 um 07:36 schrieb Meino.Cramer@×××.de:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > WARNING! I AM __VERY__ NEW TO ARDUINO! :)
8 > >
9 > > For a little project I need to program an Arduino board.
10 > > Since all needed lib/scatched/script - or whatever it
11 > > is called in case of the Arduino - are already implemented
12 > > by someone else I will not reinvent the wheel a second time :)
13 > >
14 > > Therefore I need the Arduino IDE.
17 > I am also new to Arduino, so here is what I did last week to install the
18 > latest Arduino IDE 1.6.8.
19 >
20 > I started with installing Arduino IDE 1.0.5 from GENTOO:
21 >
22 > $ emerge arduino
23 >
24 > It pulled in all needed dependent packages for the IDE. Look carefully
25 > at the information displayed at the end of the emerge. You have to run
26 >
27 > $ crossdev -s4 avr
28 >
29 > to have the Tool-Chain for Arduino compiled.
30 >
31 > Unfortunately I could not use IDE 1.0.5 because it didn't show some
32 > highlighted commands in the IDE correctly. So I downloaded IDE 1.6.8 and
33 > unzipped it in /opt. Next step was to run the installer
34 >
35 > $ /opt/arduino-1.6.8/install.sh
36 >
37 > To start IDE 1.6.8: /opt/arduino-1.6.8/arduino or via menu item.
38 >
39 > Hope this helps.
40 >
41 > Beste regards,
42 >
43 > Ming-Che
47 Hi Ming-Che,
50 WHOW! :)
51
52 Thanks a LOT for the explanations! 8)
53 That will help to start programming the Arduino!
54
55 One question:
56 Did you download the arduino-1.6.8 binary distribution or
57 the sources and compile those locally on your GENTOO box?
58
59 Best regards
60
61 Meino
62
63 PS: In a few minutes I will send you a mail offlist
64 with some infos about what I have found and for what
65 I will use the arduino. I would be happy, if you
66 can use it for you arduino project also!