From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:56:40
1 On 10/22/11 15:28, Dale wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >> On 10/22/11 04:14, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Mick wrote:
5 >>>> On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 01:19:15 Colleen Beamer wrote:
6 >>>>> This is solved.
7 >>>>>
8 >>>>> The solution came from posting to KDE forums.
9 >>>>>
10 >>>>> It was a configuration issue:
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>> In System Settings, I had to select "Device Actions", "Play Audio CD
13 >>>>> with KsCD, select Edit, select "the devices property Available
14 >>>>> Content
15 >>>>> must equal Audio, choose "Property Match"for the parameter type,
16 >>>>> "Optical Disk" for the Device type, "Available Content" for the Value
17 >>>>> name and Equals Audio.
18 >>>>>
19 >>>>> That did the trick!
20 >>>> Thanks for letting us know! I recall having problems in the past
21 >>>> with kscd on
22 >>>> a KDE desktop and I couldn't remember if I ever fixed it. Now I know
23 >>>> how. ;-)
24 >>>>
25 >>> I finally got mine to open too. I did a emerge -e world since I could
26 >>> tell it was just some dep that got missed. Anyway, is it just me or
27 >>> is KSCD just got plain ugly?
28 >> Yeah, used to be much easier to use. Like I said in a previous post,
29 >> I'm a bit anal and this bugged me 'cause I've always had it working
30 >> before. For me, kaffeine works fine and I've discovered that I like it
31 >> better than kscd anyway.
32 >>
33 >> Colleen
34 >
35 > I use smplayer for mine. It's nothing fancy but it plays music. I
36 > clicked on the pop up and tried to play a CD with amarock, (sp?), and
37 > I never could get it to even play the CD. It wanted to build some
38 > database or something. I'm in the mood to get rid of that thing.
39 >
40 I use amarok, but not for playing CD's. I use it as a jukebox ... yes,
41 I know KDE offers juk, but I like amarok better. Amarok is great for
42 that purpose.
43
44 Be kind to those deers, Dale. It's getting close to winter and they're
45 hungry! :-)
46
47 Colleen
51 Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org