From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Update to /etc/sudoers disables wheel users!!!
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 21:26:31
1 On 2022-10-26, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> If you use an x11-based merge tool then it will also refuse to attempt
4 >> an automatic
5 >> merge if X11 isn't available. (Obviously you can't actually run the
6 >> manual merge if the tool uses X11 and that isn't available.)
10 > I'd like to try a GUI based tool.  Is that what you talking about?  If
11 > so, name or what package has it?
12
13 At one point, I had one of my systems configured to use "meld" when I
14 picked "interactive merge" in the etc-update menu, but I've since gone
15 back to just picking "show differences" in the etc-update menu, then
16 manually running merge on the two filenames shown. With the
17 interactive merge option, I was always a bit confused about which file
18 was the destination and what happened after I exited meld.
21 Grant