From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: profiles
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:14:35
1 On Saturday 24 March 2007 06:30:58 Dale wrote:
2 > > You may want to either sync again or run emerge --metadata one. I seem
3 > > to recall running into this and it can't update the database without
4 > > that link being correct. The metadata part should fix it.
5 > >
6 > > Not necessary. I just recreated the symlink to point to the correct
7 > > profile. Not rocket science, even for someone like me who does not have
8 > > a formal computer education. :-)
9 >
10 > I guess some changes have been made to portage. When I ran into this a
11 > while back, it error'd out right after the sync process. I had to
12 > create the new link the run emerge --metadata so that it could finish
13 > processing the database which I guess is part two.
14
15 emerge --metadata is completely unrelated. You are probably speaking of one of
16 the issues at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/doc/common-problems.xml
17
18 See `man emerge` to see what --metadata does...
21 Bo Andresen