From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: profiles
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:36:19
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 > >>
5 > >> Is it safe to remove older profiles?
6 > >>
7 > >> Regards,
8 > >>
9 > >> Colleen
10 > >>
11 > > I think the profiles are updated when you sync, which is why you got
12 > > that error message.
13 >
14 > This is true.
15 >
16 > You may want to either sync again or run emerge
17 > > --metadata one. I seem to recall running into this and it can't update
18 > > the database without that link being correct. The metadata part should
19 > > fix it.
20 >
21 > Not necessary. I just recreated the symlink to point to the correct
22 > profile. Not rocket science, even for someone like me who does not have
23 > a formal computer education. :-)
24 >
25 > Thanks for your response.
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 >
29 > Colleen.
32 I guess some changes have been made to portage. When I ran into this a
33 while back, it error'd out right after the sync process. I had to
34 create the new link the run emerge --metadata so that it could finish
35 processing the database which I guess is part two.
36
37 Anyway, glad all is well.
38
39 Dale