From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thin-provisioning-tools - but I don't provision anything!!!!!
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:16:39
1 On Saturday, 16 September 2017 15:35:44 BST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > What really got up my nose, as mentioned above, was doing an emerge -s on
4 > thing-provisioning-tools and getting told it was "tools for thin
5 > provisioning".
6
7 I raised a bug report about that once, against use.desc. There was a flurry
8 of activity as devs looked around their own bailiwicks and fixed them, then
9 everything went quiet again.
10
11 It's an example of no designer or coder enjoying any of the still important
12 bits left over when the acceptance test is passed.
13
14 > What really takes up time maintaining a computer, or
15 > programming for that matter, is continually having to look somewhere else
16 > for something. Even though I doubt it was deliberately designed to
17 > annoy, that emerge -s entry could hardly have been more annoying if
18 > somebody had tried to make it so.
19
20 Quite so.
23 Regards,