From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thin-provisioning-tools - but I don't provision anything!!!!!
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 18:20:46
1 > On 16 Sep 2017, at 17:16, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 16 September 2017 15:35:44 BST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >
4 >> What really got up my nose, as mentioned above, was doing an emerge -s on
5 >> thing-provisioning-tools and getting told it was "tools for thin
6 >> provisioning".
7 >
8 > I raised a bug report about that once, against use.desc. There was a flurry
9 > of activity as devs looked around their own bailiwicks and fixed them, then
10 > everything went quiet again.
11
12 Really?
13
14 I started threads at least twice on gentoo-dev (now years ago), and it seemed to have no effect.
15
16 I've given up expecting USE descriptions to be useful.
17
18 > It's an example of no designer or coder enjoying any of the still important
19 > bits left over when the acceptance test is passed.
20
21 +1
22
23 Stroller.