From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:24:52
1 On Thursday 25 April 2013 08:09 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Nick Khamis wrote:
3 >> Hello Everyone,
4 >>
5 >> We are trying to sync our server's time with an accurate ntp
6 >> server, and was wondering which of the many solutions are
7 >> considered viable. I did see the
8 >> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Time_Synchronization.
9 >> Our services are quite time sensitive.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks in Advance,
12 >>
13 >> N.
16 > net-misc/ntp
17 > net-misc/openntpd
18 > net-misc/chrony
19 >
20 > One of those should work. I think the plain ntp has been around the
21 > longest. I couldn't get it to work right on my rig so I switched to
22 > chrony. Basically, I would try ntp first then go from there if needed.
23 >
24 > Hope that helps.
25 >
26 > Dale