From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:49:05
1 Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > On Thursday 25 April 2013 08:09 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Nick Khamis wrote:
4 >>> Hello Everyone,
5 >>>
6 >>> We are trying to sync our server's time with an accurate ntp
7 >>> server, and was wondering which of the many solutions are
8 >>> considered viable. I did see the
9 >>> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Time_Synchronization.
10 >>> Our services are quite time sensitive.
11 >>>
12 >>> Thanks in Advance,
13 >>>
14 >>> N.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >> net-misc/ntp
18 >> net-misc/openntpd
19 >> net-misc/chrony
20 >>
21 >> One of those should work. I think the plain ntp has been around the
22 >> longest. I couldn't get it to work right on my rig so I switched to
23 >> chrony. Basically, I would try ntp first then go from there if needed.
24 >>
25 >> Hope that helps.
26 >>
27 >> Dale
28 >>
29 >> :-) :-)
32 > You forgot busybox-ntpd
35 Didn't forget, didn't know about it. ;-) I just listed the ones I have
36 heard of and either tried or was told about.
37
38 Let's see if I can remember it for next time tho. :-)
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!