From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clamav and spamassassin
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 00:46:54
1 On Dec 6, 2011 7:19 AM, "Grant" <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > > Here's the entirety of my main.cf postscreen section for reference. I've
4 > > deemed these safe, but you shouldn't enable them without reading what
5 they
6 > > do!
9 > > #
10 > > # Postscreen settings
11 > > #
12 > >
13 > > postscreen_greet_action = enforce
14 > >
15 > > postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
16 > > psbl.surriel.com,
17 > > bl.spamcop.net,
18 > > zen.spamhaus.org,
19 > > b.barracudacentral.org
20 > >
21 > > postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 1
22 > > postscreen_dnsbl_action = enforce
25 > > ##
26 > > ## Deep protocol tests
27 > > ##
28 > >
29 > > postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
30 > > postscreen_pipelining_action = enforce
31 > >
32 > > postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
33 > > postscreen_non_smtp_command_action = enforce
34 > >
35 > > postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
36 > > postscreen_bare_newline_action = enforce
37 >
38 > I've looked up each of those parameters and they sound fine to me.
39 > How long have you been running them? Have you been notified of any
40 > mistakenly rejected mail? It's very important my server doesn't miss
41 > any mail, even if it means dealing with more spam.
44 Similar situation with me. Because my company is in the financial sector,
45 false negatives are much more preferred than false positives.
46
47 (Although I can always weasel my way out of any problems caused by slight
48 configuration mistakes, I prefer not having to put myself into a situation
49 where weasel-ing is needed :-)
50
51 Rgds,