From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd-networkd: simpler config for my network
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 05:24:44
1 Am 07.04.2014 19:14, schrieb Tom H:
2
3 > You're welcome.
4 >
5 > I've never used virt-manager but I assume that it functions like
6 > virt-install or that it uses virt-install under the gui.
7 >
8 > If that's the case, it won't use predefined tap devices, slaved to a
9 > bridge or not. It'll create vnetX tap devices and add them to a bridge
10 > on the fly. But if you want to use tapX tap devices rather than vnetX
11 > ones, you can edit the xml to set that up.
12
13 I just looked up what systemd-networkd and virt-manager do.
14
15 No tap-devices here when I run a local VM ... so I might review the
16 openrc-script for reference.
17
18 Thanks, Stefan