From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd-networkd: simpler config for my network
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:14:17
1 On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 06.04.2014 15:02, schrieb Tom H:
3 >
4 >>> So the openrc-example might be simplified? ok with me ... does anyone
5 >>> confirm?
6 >>
7 >> It depends how you set up your network on the qemu command line.
8 >>
9 >> If you use "qemu -netdev tap,id=hn0,script=no,downscript=no ...", you need
10 >> to set up a tap.
11 >>
12 >> If you use "qemu -netdev tap,id=hn0 ...", you don't need to set up a tap if
13 >> you have a "/etc/qemu-ifup" script..
14 >>
15 >> But you do need to set a bridge on both cases.
16 >
17 > ok ... I would have to look that up as I don't use qemu via command line
18 > but via virtmanager/libvirt.
19 >
20 > Thanks, Stefan
21
22 You're welcome.
23
24 I've never used virt-manager but I assume that it functions like
25 virt-install or that it uses virt-install under the gui.
26
27 If that's the case, it won't use predefined tap devices, slaved to a
28 bridge or not. It'll create vnetX tap devices and add them to a bridge
29 on the fly. But if you want to use tapX tap devices rather than vnetX
30 ones, you can edit the xml to set that up.