From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: modprobe looks in wrong dir
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 02:52:19
1 On 5/1/06, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The thing makes it to the prompt. I log in. Run uname.
3 > Yikes! It *is* _running_ the old kernel.
4 >
5 > BUT, it's _booting_ from the new! I checked!
6
7 I don't see how this is possible. How did you check that it is
8 booting the new kernel? Checking dmesg output would be the best way
9 to verify...
10
11 Possibly a stupid question, but are you sure that /boot is actually
12 mounted (if it is a separate filesystem) when you copy the new kernel
13 to it?
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list