From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:10:30
1 On Thursday 04 December 2008 20:41:18 Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > I've had an HP LaserJet 1200 for about 4-5 years now. I only
4 > print once or twice a month, and I've never had a single
5 > problem. It's still on the original toner cartridge, and I
6 > don't think I've even got through an entire ream of paper yet.
7 >
8 > It does Postscript, and there's a .ppd file for it, so it "just
9 > works" with CUPS. It gets pretty hot/humid in the summer and
10 > pretty cold/dry in the winter, and it doesn't seem to affect
11 > the printer.
12 >
13 > It doesn't do color, but I write all my code in black and white
14 > anyway...
15
16 And my Kyocera FS1020D is similarly lightly loaded with no ill effects.
17 Comes with its own .ppd file and does double-sided out of the box. Best
18 printer I've had for years.
21 Rgds
22 Peter