From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:41:37
1 On 2008-12-04, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have a friend that owned a business that was closed on weekends.
4 > Every Monday we had to fan the paper and take out the toner cartridge
5 > and give it a little shake. I have heard that if it is a humid location
6 > that you either have to leave the printer on or print a lot. The claim
7 > was the toner would start to clump from the moister in the air. I have
8 > never seen that happen myself.
9
10 I've had an HP LaserJet 1200 for about 4-5 years now. I only
11 print once or twice a month, and I've never had a single
12 problem. It's still on the original toner cartridge, and I
13 don't think I've even got through an entire ream of paper yet.
14
15 It does Postscript, and there's a .ppd file for it, so it "just
16 works" with CUPS. It gets pretty hot/humid in the summer and
17 pretty cold/dry in the winter, and it doesn't seem to affect
18 the printer.
19
20 It doesn't do color, but I write all my code in black and white
21 anyway...
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I have the power to
25 at HALT PRODUCTION on all
26 visi.com TEENAGE SEX COMEDIES!!