From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: CPU Temperature
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:35:32
1 On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:57, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
2 > I built myself an AMD64 based system a week ago using the following
3 > components:
4 >
5 > Albatron K8NF4U motherboard
6 > AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939)
7 > 1GB DDR Memory
8 > Albatron TC6200 video card
9 >
10 > Motherboard sensors indicate that the CPU core is running at a constant
11 > 65 degrees Celcius and this figure does not change more than a degree
12 > no matter what is being done, it only increased to 66 degrees C while
13 > doing a compile of xorg, kde and gnome which took a few hours.
14 >
15 > Should I be worried about these figures? The heatsink feels only
16 > slightly warm to the touch and I am sure it is seated correctly so I
17 > wonder if the BIOS is reporting the right temperatures. Does anyone have
18 > the same board that can help me out here?
19 >
20 > Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what the
21 > "acceptable" temperature range for my CPU is?
22 >
23 > Cheers
24 >
25 > Jamie
26
27 I'm not an expert on AMD chips but that does seem quite high. With intensive
28 compiles I would expect to see the temp raising about 20 degrees or so,
29 depending on your fan and sink. How are you monitoring the temp?
30 through /proc/acpi/thermal? or just from the bios? Or are you lucky enough to
31 have a readout on your box?
35 /* Ugly, ugly fucker. */
36 linux-2.6.6/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_limit.h
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list