From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:20:02
1 On 2010-07-02, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
3 >> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
4 >> > Grant Edwards wrote:
5 >> >> On 2010-07-02, Nicolas Sebrecht<nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> >>> I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
7 >> >>> the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing
8 >> >>> lists I use don't do that.
9 >> >>>
10 >> >>> It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it
11 >> >>> permit to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole
12 >> >>> mailing list.
13
14 > Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
15 > are others.
16 >
17 > Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.
18 >
19 > Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):
20 >
21 > l - reply to list
22 > a - reply to all
23 > R - reply to original sender
24 > r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.
25 >
26 > So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the
27 > outcome, just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.
28
29 His intent is to receive direct replies to his posts. I don't see how
30 his choice of mail client has any impact on that.
31
32 > Problem solved.
33
34 Not really. The OP's choice of mail client isn't going to change what
35 happens when people reply to his postings. He wants "reply-to" to
36 contain his address as well as the list address so that he gets a
37 direct response and doesn't have to bother to check the mailing list
38 for replies.
41 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hey, wait
42 at a minute!! I want a
43 gmail.com divorce!! ... you're not
44 Clint Eastwood!!