From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Nuno J. Silva" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>, nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:07:28
1 On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > >> On 2010-07-02, Nicolas Sebrecht<nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > >>> I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
6 > >>> the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing
7 > >>> lists I use don't do that.
8 > >>>
9 > >>> It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it
10 > >>> permit to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole
11 > >>> mailing list.
12 > >>>
13 > >>> What do you think about changing of policy?
14 >
15 > Like others, I'm happy with this as it is. But YMMV.
16 >
17 > > When they start a new list and it is not set up this way, it causes
18 > > confusion. This was discussed before on another list. I don't see
19 > > this changing anytime soon and hope it doesn't.
20 >
21 > Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
22 > list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
23 > address?)
24 >
25 > Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
26 > messages at the same time.
27 >
28 > Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
29 > signature.
32 Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
33 are others.
34
35 Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.
36
37 Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):
38
39 l - reply to list
40 a - reply to all
41 R - reply to original sender
42 r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.
43
44 So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the outcome,
45 just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.
46
47 Problem solved.
51 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com