From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:01:38
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >> On 2010-07-02, Nicolas Sebrecht<nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net> wrote:
7 >>> I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
8 >>> the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing
9 >>> lists I use don't do that.
10 >>>
11 >>> It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it
12 >>> permit to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole
13 >>> mailing list.
14 >>>
15 >>> What do you think about changing of policy?
16
17 Like others, I'm happy with this as it is. But YMMV.
18
19 > When they start a new list and it is not set up this way, it causes
20 > confusion. This was discussed before on another list. I don't see
21 > this changing anytime soon and hope it doesn't.
22
23 Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
24 list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
25 address?)
26
27 Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
28 messages at the same time.
29
30 Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
31 signature.
34 Nuno J. Silva
35 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg