From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:39:03
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
4
5 >> Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
6 >> list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
7 >> address?)
8 >>
9 >> Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
10 >> messages at the same time.
11 >>
12 >> Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
13 >> signature.
16 > Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
17 > are others.
18 >
19 > Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.
20 >
21 > Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):
22 >
23 > l - reply to list
24 > a - reply to all
25 > R - reply to original sender
26 > r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.
27 >
28 > So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the outcome,
29 > just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.
30 >
31 > Problem solved.
32
33 But, if I understand it correctly, what the OP wants is others to mail
34 him too, so he receives replies without being subscribed.
35
36 Having a mail client with those abilities is of no use for him, nor for
37 anyone unless they know what the person they're replying to desires.
38
39 (But now I wonder how to know if a person replied by a reply we're
40 replying wants to be CCed...)
41
42 Or is Nicolas looking to reply to everyone when he writes? That would be
43 bad, as there are people who prefer to receive messages through the
44 list or using NNTP.
47 Nuno J. Silva
48 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg