From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:47:11
1 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
8 >>> Is there a way for someone to add another address to Reply-To? (Does the
9 >>> list management software overwrite the header or just appends its
10 >>> address?)
11 >>>
12 >>> Such a way would suit the OP and people who don't want duplicate
13 >>> messages at the same time.
14 >>>
15 >>> Meanwhile the OP might want to add a request to be CC'ed to his
16 >>> signature.
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
20 >> are others.
21 >>
22 >> Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.
23 >>
24 >> Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):
25 >>
26 >> l - reply to list
27 >> a - reply to all
28 >> R - reply to original sender
29 >> r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.
30 >>
31 >> So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the outcome,
32 >> just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.
33 >>
34 >> Problem solved.
35 >>
36 > But, if I understand it correctly, what the OP wants is others to mail
37 > him too, so he receives replies without being subscribed.
38 >
39 > Having a mail client with those abilities is of no use for him, nor for
40 > anyone unless they know what the person they're replying to desires.
41 >
42 > (But now I wonder how to know if a person replied by a reply we're
43 > replying wants to be CCed...)
44 >
45 > Or is Nicolas looking to reply to everyone when he writes? That would be
46 > bad, as there are people who prefer to receive messages through the
47 > list or using NNTP.
51 If he is not subscribed, how did he send a email to the list anyway?
52 Don't you have to be subscribed to the list to send a email to it?
53
54 Dale
55