From: Michael Kjorling <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What wants to pull in busybox?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:25:37
1 Earlier today, I did an emerge --sync and proceeded to update world,
2 including portage (now 2.0.53). I have an amd64 system running mostly
3 stable, with a bunch of ~amd64 packages listed in my package.keywords
4 and a small portage tree overlay that is not of relevance here.
5
6 Now. For some reason, even after updating everything else, "emerge
7 -auDv world" still wants to pull in sys-apps/busybox-1.00-r4. I have
8 had sys-apps/busybox in my package.mask file ever since it getting
9 pulled in as a dependency to something severely crippled my system,
10 and I do not want to have to go through that again.
11
12 Running "emerge -auDvet world" indicates that nothing depends on
13 busybox, nor does it depend on anything else. It is not in my
14 /var/lib/portage/world. So why does portage want to install it, and
15 how do I get portage to *not* install it without that giving me the
16 "all ebuilds that could satisfy 'sys-apps/busybox' have been masked"
17 whenever I want to do *any* update?
18
19 If it helps, along with the above error message I also get:
20
21 !!! Problem resolving dependencies for sys-apps/busybox
22 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
25 Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
26 * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
27 * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *