From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Disable IPv6 on an interface?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:52:36
1 On 2012-01-17, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=1
4
5 >> The next question is what do I put in the Gentoo network configuration
6 >> file (/etc/conf.d/net) to get that result (eth2 up with no IP
7 >> addresses).
10 > /etc/sysctl.conf
11 >
12 > net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=1
13
14 Well that's just too simple and obvious. I put a sysctl command in a
15 preup() function in conf.d/net, and that worked, but it's definitly
16 the wrong way to do it.
17
18 After putting the above line in sysctl.conf (and removing my preup()
19 function), everything worked as expected except that I had to manually
20 start the interface with the command "/etc/init.d/net.eth2 start".
21
22 Google told me to fix that by using rc-update to add net.eth2 to the
23 default runlevel.
24
25 Everything's tickety-boo now, but I don't remember have to do that
26 last step in the past when I added a network interface -- all I had to
27 do was create the symlink from net.<whatever> to net.lo.
28
29 Is the rc-update runlevel stuff new?
32 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! BARBARA STANWYCK makes
33 at me nervous!!
34 gmail.com