From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg-server and my mouse
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:27:44
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I'm not near as "upset" as I was a little while ago. I ran my updates
4 and then took a nap while it was compiling. I woke up and they were
5 done. Did my etc-update and went to log into KDE. No keyboard. No
6 mouse. No nothing. I knew the new xorg-server update was going to make
7 me change a few things but I thought I would be ABLE to change the
8 thing. I had to unplug the computer then add softlevel=boot to get to
9 where I could even fix the stupid thing.
10
11 I'm back down to my old xorg-server-1.3* but now my mouse wheel don't
12 work. Did this thing blow up my rat? How do i get my mouse wheel to
13 work again?
14
15 While I was trying to recover and reading, it appears I have to update
16 my kernel for this thing to work. Something I can't do because the
17 latest greatest kernel don't like my rig for some reason. I posted it
18 on here somewhere a while back. Something to the effect that it is
19 pissed at my IDE chipset. Looks like the new xorg-server is going to be
20 masked for a while.
21
22 I may have a few more questions before this mess is over. Right now,
23 I'm going to go eat some ice cubes.
24
25 Dale
26