From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] How to get WebDAV going on Apache?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 15:47:11
1 On Saturday 15 Mar 2014 20:26:27 Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > On 15-Mar-2014 8:22 pm, "Peter Humphrey" <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 --->8
4 > > (I still haven't got owncloud to run properly. This is getting tedious.)
5 > >
6 > > --
7 > > Regards
8 > > Peter
9 >
10 > Seriously, what's so difficult about it? It's just like deploying a
11 > WordPress blog.
12
13 (...which I'm facing with increasing trepidation. :-( )
14
15 I have two difficulties: configuring apache properly, which I seem not to
16 understand yet, and fixing owncloud so that it doesn't throw up a broken-WebDAV
17 error.
18
19 Mick has offered plenty of advice on configuring apache, but still I don't
20 understand clearly. Copying things around blindly doesn't do the job, of
21 course. I did get it more-or-less working for a local choir's website but that
22 didn't use SSL - and my backups don't go back far enough anyway.
23
24 I've cleared out the whole apache package and I'm about to start again (again)
25 on setting it up with a modules.d/ file and a vhosts.d/ file to use SSL. Sounds
26 easy, as you say.
29 Regards
30 Peter