From: Julien Cabillot <jcabillot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: is samba 3.0.23b available in some form
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:43:48
1 (excuse my english, I'm french)
2
3 On 8/13/06, reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 > Something here is a bit confusing... I don't understand how renaming
7 > one version of samba to another does much for me. I need the actual
8 > new version installed, not the old version renamed and installed as
9 > the new version.
12 Portage download the file samba-{the_version_in_the_name_of_the_ebuild}.
13 The ebuild file just contains commands and parameters to compile samba, it
14 doesn't contain the source. Often, new versions don't need change in
15 parameters/commands.
16
17 Unless something very magic happens at:
18 > # ebuild samba-3.0.23b.ebuild digest
21 The digest is just a security option (this create the md5 of the file).
24 Julien Cabillot