From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: is samba 3.0.23b available in some form
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:28:05
1 "Julien Cabillot" <jcabillot@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I'm not on a gentoo box now, so it should be something like that:
4 > # mv samba-3.0.23a.ebuild/path/to/an/overlay/the_category-for_samba/samba/samba-
5 > 3.0.23b.ebuild
6 > # ebuild samba-3.0.23b.ebuild digest
7 > # emerge -u samba
8
9 Something here is a bit confusing... I don't understand how renaming
10 one version of samba to another does much for me. I need the actual
11 new version installed, not the old version renamed and installed as
12 the new version.
13
14 Unless something very magic happens at:
15 # ebuild samba-3.0.23b.ebuild digest
16
17 I'd be installing the old version under a new name....
18
19 I just am not getting what role the renaming plays I guess.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list