From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: is samba 3.0.23b available in some form
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:34:07
1 reader@×××××××.com writes:
2
3 > Something here is a bit confusing... I don't understand how renaming
4 > one version of samba to another does much for me. I need the actual
5 > new version installed, not the old version renamed and installed as
6 > the new version.
7 >
8 > Unless something very magic happens at:
9 > # ebuild samba-3.0.23b.ebuild digest
10 >
11 > I'd be installing the old version under a new name....
12 >
13 > I just am not getting what role the renaming plays I guess.
14
15 Yikes, I'm not very familiar with what ebuilds are.....
16 Please disregard the above post ... I'm having a bad case of pin-head
17 syndrome this morning....
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list