From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Constant hammering from Chinese IPs on prt 102[67]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 05:28:56
1 reader@×××××××.com schrieb:
2 > Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> writes:
5 >>> If so what is the massive chinese interest in icq?
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >> found this in the net:
10 >>
11 >> http://www.grc.com/port_1026.htm
12 >> http://www.grc.com/port_1027.htm
15 > That doesn't give any analysis of why this port is being hammered by
16 > hundreds, even thousands of IP originating in china.
17 >
18 > It only guesses at what `might' be the reason such a port my be open,
19 > and how to close it... but even that part has no detail.
20 >
21 > It appears to be, at root, just another snivel about how MS does
22 > things with no substance.
25 I understand it the other way round. It is not an active knocking on
26 your ports, but a passive MS thing. Lots of Chinese bought a new
27 computer with an MS operating system, which is sending out to the world.